Parent & Child Workshop:
A fun, relaxing and nurturing well-being workshop that promotes positive self-esteem in your child, whilst strengthening your child's ability to learn through positive touch & movement!
Would you like to help your child ...
• Be able to concentrate and focus better on their homework?
• Learn practical ways to help them relax?
• Relieve anxiety and stress, especially in the 'tween' years?
• Get along better with other siblings?
• Discover how massage can be fun?
• Improve their health and wellbeing?
• Share a positive, nurturing activity together?
• Give YOU a massage in return!!
Parents and caregivers now have the opportunity to participate in a health and well-being 'positive touch' workshop with your child in Western Australia.
The Parent - Child Massage workshop is an adaption of the internationally successful Massage In Schools Program (M.I.S.P), now implemented in many schools, kindergartens and childcare centres around the world, including Australia.
The Parent - Child massage workshop is specifically aimed at children aged between 4 years to 12 years old. Only the parent or carer massages their child, or children (eg friends or sibling's) massage each other.
It is a clothed massage workshop, that is, whilst parents and children are learning the massage strokes with Idibidi Kids, the children remain fully clothed. This is a policy set out by the Massage in Schools Program. Children are usually seated when receiving a massage during the course. Apart from learning how to massage your child, or kids massaging each other, you will also interact with them through age appropriate games and activities to stimulate their development and encourage learning.
Parents have discovered...
"It is a positive action which I can do to help calm my child..."
"It has helped my child and I to bond and regain our closeness after going through difficult circumstances"
"The massage is a really good practical tool we can use as parents to help our child focus on their homework..."
"I really love it when I receive a shoulder massage myself in return!"
"It's great to see the whole family involved, taking turns to massage one another..."
"The relationship between his sister has improved dramatically..."
"It has really helped her learning by incorporating language and math through movement activites..."
Where to learn?
The kids massage course can be implemented:
• as an after-school activity
• on the weekend with a group of friends
• in your home as a one-to-one workshop
• as a school incursion / vacation care program
• in a child care or early learning centre
• in kindergartens
• 15 massage strokes, focussing on the back, shoulders, arms, hands, head & face
• Fun games and movement activities using massage strokes and touch
• Information on how massage affects your childs wellbeing, both physiologically and psychologically
• Discover why touch and movement together are essential for your child's development
• Handouts and a review sheet of the massage strokes